Terms and Conditions
When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit you are entering into a contract between you, the HIRER and us, LAWSON LETS. Please read the following conditions of let carefully. If you are uncertain about any point please contact us for an explanation.
- Payment: A deposit of 25% of the full rent must be paid at time of booking. This will be refunded if your booking is not confirmed by us. The balance is due 28 days before the start date of the holiday let, without further reminder. Lawson Lets reserves the right to declare the contract void, the deposit forfeit and to re-let the accommodation should the balance not have been received within the time limit and, further, to claim the balance of rent if the accommodation is not re-let
- Contract: When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
- The contract confers on you a right to occupy the accommodation as a holiday let only and, in terms of section 12 (schedule 4, paragraph 8) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 is not an ‘assured tenancy’.
- Cancellation: Holiday Cancellation Insurance is not included in the rental. In the event of a cancellation of your booking you must inform Lawson Lets as soon as possible. You remain liable for the full cost of the holiday. In all cases of cancellation the deposit is forfeited. If the booking is cancelled within 28 days of the holiday let staring date and we are unable to re-let the accommodation, there will be no refund of any part of the rent. The appropriate proportion of the balance will be refunded, less a £25 administration fee, if we are able to re-let any part of the dates booked. You are strongly advised to arrange holiday cancellation insurance to cover all eventualities.
- The letting period normally runs from 16.00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10.30 hrs on the day of departure. This may be varied by prior arrangement.
- Only the number of people agreed at the time of booking may occupy the booked accommodation. Sub-letting or assignation of the Holiday Let is prohibited. Bookings from persons under 21 years cannot be accepted.
- The hirer will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to during the rental period, and is required to take all reasonable care in the use of the property and its contents including the security of the property and to report any damages as soon as they occur. The accommodation is let fully furnished including bed linen and towels. You are advised to check on arrival and report any shortcomings, damage or missing items immediately so that the matter can be rectified for you. No claim can be considered for such matters not so notified. The hirer undertakes to report and pay for any damage caused to the accommodation or for equipment lost, damaged, or broken during his occupancy of the accommodation. Unsuitable substitutes are not acceptable. Lawson Lets reserves the right to charge for all repairs, losses or replacements necessitated by the negligent act or omission of any of the hirer and his party, guests or invitees.
- On departure, you are requested to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. This includes washing up, placing rubbish in bags and putting in wheelie bins. Lawson Lets reserves the right to make a charge of £25 for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Lawson Lets does not accept any liability for loss of, or damage to, personal effects, baggage, vehicles, or any other item belonging to the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party.Lawson Lets are not liable to you or any third parties for any accident, loss, damage or injury, expense or inconvenience sustained to the property or persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of your party.
- All accommodation is non-smoking.
- We are unable to accept pets in any of the properties.
- Should Lawson Lets have to cancel your holiday for any reason; every effort will be made to find you suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible a refund will be made of all monies paid by you to Lawson Lets for the accommodation booked and we will have no further liability to you or any other party.
- Lawson Lets reserve the right to decline a booking or to refuse to hand over the accommodation to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all moneys shall be refunded and the Contract terminated without further liability on either party. We also reserve the right to terminate the Contract at any time and repossess the accommodation due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property, causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such a case any refund would be entirely at our discretion
- All advertising and our website are as accurate as possible but cannot be warranted, nor do the descriptions form any contract. LawsonLets reserves the right to make modifications and in the interests of continued improvement the right to alter or delete furniture, fittings, amenities or facilities either advertised or previously available, without prior notice.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that descriptions contained in our advertising are correct. However, we reserve the right to make modifications and in the interests of continued improvement the right to alter or delete furniture, fittings, amenities or facilities either advertised or previously available, without prior notice.
- Lawson Lets or their agents whomsoever reserve the right to enter the property at all reasonable times.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. It is essential you contact us so that any complaints can be speedily resolved.